sábado, 9 de janeiro de 2021

2020 SHORTLIST

Hey, are you with me? Do you remember what I wrote a year ago?! ... oh yeah!. Well, if we got here so far it means that we are still alive and that is a good thing. If I am asked if I believe that things could still get worse, I'll say: yes, of course they do.

Three years ago a friend of mine gave up his PS3 console with The Last Of Us game on it for me try. It was the best thing a friend could offer, really - a breathtaking story with awesome, awesome gameplay! from that time on it was certain that I would play the part two of the game when it got out. In case you don't know I've been always a PC guy, but this year was the time to get a new PS4 Pro for the first time so I could play The Last Of Us part II that was finally released in June 2020.




I don't have words to describe The Last Of Us Part II. It's not only one of the best game I've played... with all the incredible graphics and the best gameplay of its generation; this game is special - very violent like life itself can be, not recomended for everyone for sure, but ultimately it's a game about loss - a condition that I’ve always identified with - a game with a sharp story in times of a global pandemic, it makes you think about your life and life in modern days with no clear or right answers.

This year my shortlist will be game OST only from games that I love, changed and are changing my life. Video Games are the present and the future of many many lifes on Earth, Its about time to credit the amazing work of all the artists in the game industry, specially the sound designers and composers that are way, way underrated!!!


SHORTLIST 2020

01. The Last of Us Part I & II (Original Soundtrack) - Gustavo Santaolalla & Mac Quayle
02. Horizon Zero Dawn (Original Soundtrack) - Joris de Man, Niels Van Der Leest and The Flight
03. Alien: Isolation (Full Soundtrack) - Christian Henson, Joe Henson & Alexis Smith
04. A Plague Tale: Innocence (Original Soundtrack) - Olivier Derivière
05. Rise Of The Tomb Raider (Original Soundtrack) - Bobby Tahour & Jason Graves
06. The BioShock Infinite (Original Soundtrack) - Gary Schyman
07. Alice: Madness Returns (Original Soundtrack) - Jason Tai, Chris Vrenna, Marshall Crutcher.
08. Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Original Soundtrack) - Brian D'Oliveira
09. Control (Original Soundtrack) - Petri Alanko & Martin Stig Andersen
10. Journey (Original Soundtrack) - Austin Wintory
11. Unreal (Complete soundtrack) - various
12. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Original Soundtrack) - David García Díaz
13. Dishonored 2 (Full Soundtrack) - Daniel Licht, Raphael Colantonio and Copilot Music + Sound
14. Hunt: Showdown (Original Game Soundtrack) - Port Sulphur Band
15. Quantum Break (Original Game Soundtrack) - Petri Alanko
16. Command & Conquer: (Red Alert Soundtrack) - Frank Klepacki
17. Doom Eternal OST - Mick Gordon
18. The Dig (Original Game Soundtrack) - Michael Land
19. Tomb Raider 4: The Last Revelation Soundtrack - Peter Connely
20. Quake 3: Arena (complete soundtrack) - Front Line Assembly, Sonic Mayhem and Bill Brown

Sem comentários: