domingo, 1 de janeiro de 2023

2022 SHORTLIST



If I were asked right now to choose a little time travel of just one night I would choose without hesitation the 5th of July 1984 to be able to attend the Xmal Deutschland concert at Cardiff New Ocean venue, Wales, United Kingdom and pay £3! . I find it incredible how this band has managed to grow so much on me over all these years. One day I will share the list of my favorite bands of all time, Xmal Deutshland will definitely be in my top 50.

You know?!? I always thought I was that guy with a slight but permanent depression and that sooner or later I would need professional help (an idea not ruled out for now...) but it seems that what I often feel are states of deep melancholy. Music plays a decisive role in these types of feelings and moods... and so, I started this post with Xmal because Fetisch [1983], Tocsin [1984] and Viva [1987] were the most listened albums in 2022, and I can tell in 2023 Xmal Deutschland fills my soul ( I don't have one but lets keep it ok?), repairs me, locates me in the world - it's raw, it's melodic, dark, wonderful. 

Equally extraordinary but on a completely opposite spectrum, a light, joyfull, engaging and powerfull one is the "Horizon Forbidden West OST". It's my album of the year! four composers, 142 songs and about 7 hours long of bright to dark, tribal and country to sci-fi, classical to electronica!! You have to play the game to fully get it I guess. I've spent 146 hours on the game to finish the main story and all the quests of HFW for the first time - cool story, lovely new caracters (Beta is way cool!), a tecnical and beautiful masterpiece! and man... maybe I'm old and it might seem off but I could not stop thinking of Sagan Cosmos/Contact, Jean-Michel Jarre, Princess Mononoke and Future Boy Conan while playing it, amazing stuff!!! 

Between Xmal Deutschland and the HFW OST is "Painless" by the creative and fantastic Nilüfer Yanya. I admire her so much, such a powerful voice in her subtle song arrangements, underrated and somehow dark . It's the second time that she builds and respects the structure of songs on the album (increasingly rare) as if we still listen to a vinyl record, side A and side B - a beginning, middle and an end, so cool!


BEST ALBUM

01. Joris De Man, The Flight, Oleksa Lozowchuk & Niels Van Der Leest - Horizon Forbidden West
02. Nilüfer Yanya - PAINLESS
03. Petrol Girls - Baby
04. Goat - Oh Death
05. PVA - Blush
06. Princess Chelsea - Everything Is Going To Be Alright
07. Wombo - Fairy Rust
08. Mattiel - Georgia Gothic
09. Julia Romana - Blood be Fluid
10. Jean Michel Jarre - Oxymore
11. Weyes Blood - And In The Darkness, Hearts Aglow
12. Big Thief - Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You
13. Dry Cleaning - Stumpwork
14. Melody's Echo Chamber - Unfold
15. La Femme - Teatro Lúcido
16. Essencial Logic - Land of Kali
17. ROSALÍA - MOTOMAMI
18. Ada Rook - Ugly Death No Redemption Angel Curse I Love You
19. Nova Twins - Supernova
20. Wet Leg - Wet Leg


BEST ORIGINAL SONG

01." Midnight Sun" - Nilüfer Yanya
02. "Sick and Tired" - Petrol Girls
03. "Second Chance" - The Flight [Horizon Forbidden West]
04. "In the Flood (feat. Ariana Gillis) - Oleksa Lozowchuk, Ariana Gillis [Horizon Forbidden West]
05. "Geheimnis" - Xmal Deutschland
06. "Polarlicht" - Xmal Deutschland
07. "Grapevine" - Weyes Blood
08. "Storm on the Rise" - Joris de Man [Horizon Forbidden West]
09. "Hikari" - Aja
10. "Jeff Goldblum" - Mattiel
11. "Everything Is Going To be Alright" - Princess Chelsea
12. "Sacatela" - La Femme
13. "The Cure" - Melody's Echo Chamber
14. "Begrad Mein Herz" - Xmal Deutschland
15. "Kim" - PVA
16. "The Forest" - Princess Chelsea
17. "Abalone" - PACKS
18. "Clowns" - Petrol Girls
19. "In Corpore Sano" - Konstrakta
20. "The Dealer" - Nilüfer Yanya
21. "Untethered" - PVA
22. "Moon" - Julia Romana
23. "Queens of Keesh" - Wombo
24. "999999999 IN A DREAM" - Ada Rook
25. "Blood be Fluid" - Julia Romana



BEST VIDEO LIVE ACT




Sem comentários: